Since we don't have a garage, we've been using the laundry/mechanical room as storage for yard supplies and the lawnmower. It has been incredibly annoying to drag the lawnmower in and out of the house every time we need to use it.
We bought a 12' by 8' shed, which came in pre-built sections. It was delivered in our driveway on a pallet. Matt has spent several weekends (and weekday evenings) working on it, and it's finally finished (ok, not quite finished, but useable)!
In case you forgot, here's how the backyard looked when we got the house:
|There was also a toilet behind the playhouse that we didn't see until we moved in.|
There is still some trim to put up, and there are shutters and planters for the windows, but it's currently functional!
I'm so happy that we have a place to put all of our outdoor equipment and tools. And now we can finally clear out the family room and start getting to work on that!