3.15.2011

Finally Closing?

I'm hesitating to post this, because it's been pushed back so many times, but our lawyer called yesterday and told us that we're finally ready to close!  Everything has been cleared, and now we just need to choose a date that works for everyone!  Originally he mentioned tomorrow, but I haven't heard from him yet today, so we're thinking Friday or early next week.  I could not be more excited/nervous/wanting to vomit. 

The only problem is that our realtor did a walk-through with her coworker last week (she's on vacation this week and wanted to make sure her coworker was updated with everything before she left).  They found that the seller did not do some of the work they told us they had finished in December.  I'm a little miffed about this, and if it's not done by closing I'll be really annoyed.  I'm guessing it won't be, but we'll still close, and just ask for more money. 

We also ended up keeping our apartment until the end of the original lease (May 31).  That way we can still live there while we're renovating the kitchen and doing all of the painting.  I feel so much better about not having to rush to move by the end of the month!  I'm hoping to hear back from the lawyer today about an official closing date today.  I'll keep posting!

No comments:

Post a Comment