9.23.2012

Laundry Room Organization

Since we've had the house we've been focusing on the upper and main levels.  We use the downstairs, but it's more of a storage space for the time being.  Especially the laundry/mechanical room. 

Now I'm not proud of this, but here is what my laundry room looked like this afternoon. 

We were able to move some stuff, like the lawnmower, into the shed (more on that soon).

Yes, our laundry supplies were kept in an old Yuengling box.

More old beer boxes :)

So yea, we've basically been throwing stuff in the laundry room and trying to forget about it.  I finally realized today that this can't go on, when it took me 15 minutes to find the paint I was looking for.

So we went to Target and picked up a 5 level wire storage shelf for $39.  It was kind of annoying to put together with only one person, but I managed. 




Once the shelves were installed all I had to do was put everything on it!  It actually didn't take as long as I thought it would, and I was able to consolidate a lot of stuff and get rid of some stuff.  The whole process took me about 2 hours, and the laundry room looks soooo much better!  We were able to move the laundry detergent off of the dryer, so now there's actually space to fold laundry.  And it will be way easier to find what we're looking for when it's all right in front of you. 



Matt is happy with the final result, too.  I think he thought I was a little nuts for starting this project on a Sunday night, but I'm happy that I did it.  There's actually a good amount of space in the laundry room, and now it doesn't feel as claustrophobic.  Yay for organization!

No comments:

Post a Comment