1.02.2015

Happy New Year!!!

I hope everyone had a great holiday season!


It seems like all I write on here anymore are my new years goals!  Last year I started grad school, and I greatly underestimated how much it would take over my life.  After two semesters of extreme stress, I adjusted my plan of study, and I think I've found a balance between work, school, and life.  Unfortunately because of this, I wasn't able to fulfill a lot of my goals for 2014.  But this is 2015, and I have a feeling it's going to be a great year!


Here are the goals I've set in 2015:


- Maintain at least a 3.5 GPA.  Pretty self-explanatory.


- Give 5 speeches for Toastmasters, get my Competent Leadership award, and finally organize the finances.  I've been the Treasurer for 2 years, and everything is still a mess in the box that the previous Treasurer handed me. 


Complete all of my half-done house projects.  Oh, there are so many.  The banisters and stairs, the backyard renovation, the built-ins.  I am very bad almost finishing a project and then moving on to the next thing.  I want 2015 to be the year of finishing what I started. 


- Run a half marathon.  This was one of my incomplete goals from last year.  I just didn't have time to train because of my crazy school schedule.  But I've been running more recently, and I think I can handle it this year. 


- Stick to meal planning.  I did really good at the beginning of 2014, but once again, once school got crazy I kind of gave up, and started eating more frozen foods and quick meals.  I want to start cooking and eating real food again.


- Be better about staying in touch with people.  I generally like to stick to goals that are quantifiable, but this is important to me.  I've always been bad at keeping in touch with people I don't see on a regular basis, but it doesn't mean I don't want contact!  I'm going to try to keep in better touch with people.


So there it is!  My 2015 goals.  Does anyone else have any goals for the new year?  How did you do on your goals for 2014?

No comments:

Post a Comment