5.06.2012

Spring Gardening




Last year Matt's mom was nice enough to come over and plant flowers in my front yard, since Matt and I were so busy trying to get the inside livable.  Here's what the garden looked like when we bought the house:
April 2011
Unfortunately I don't have a photo of how it looked after Matt's mom planted the flowers last year, but here's a photo from last fall, where you can still see the impatients and ferns.

You can see the pink impatiens and the 2 ferns next to the stairs.  She also planted petunias next to the driveway, but you can't see them in this photo.

Ferns and impatiens.

 Today I bought some new shrubs and flowers for the front garden.  Matt dug up the dead shrub next to our front door.  Here's what our garden looks like now:
We still have the hostas, lillies and roses in the strip.  We are keeping the large bushes for now.

Since some of the petunias from last year grew back, I decided to plant more.  The large plants on the left are from last year.  They really spread out!

More petunias, and I planted 2 sweet spires behind them.  I think I'm going to buy another one, because it seems like there's a lot of space.

More petunias.

I bought 2 boxes for the front steps, and filled them with impatiens.  I also had a small planter that I filled with petunias.   And the dead bush is gone!

Pretty pink impatiens!
 I'm not sure what I'm going to do in front of the living room window.  I might take out the bush and just start over.  For now I'm happy with it, and ready for summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment