2.07.2011

Master Bedroom

So I've been thinking a lot about the master bedroom recently. Probably because we are doing it completely from scratch, with all new furniture.  For some reason this is getting me more excited than other rooms we have to furnish.  Anyway, I'd like to do slate blue/gray.  Here are some of my ideas:

Bed (Raymore & Flannigan):













The rest of the furniture set matches the bed.  I'm not sure if this is exactly what we're going for yet, but it intrigued Matt and I when we saw it the other day.

I love this bedding from West Elm:


















I also like the idea of having pendants next to the bed instead of table lamps. I think plain drum pendants would be a good choice:















I also think it would be nice to have some bright accents, like yellow curtains, or a bright rug.  Here are some ideas:




















That's pretty much where my head's been recently.  We're probably not going to work on the master bedroom until we're already moved in, so probably not until April/May/June.  I want to get our main living areas done before the private areas.

As for the house, we signed the new mortgage application last week, and found a house insurance.  Now we're just waiting for the mortgage to go through!  Closing is still scheduled for the 18th, so hopefully we'll be homeowners in less than 2 weeks!  We are keeping our apartment through March, so we'll be able to clean, paint, and update the kitchen before moving in.  I can't wait to get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment