1.02.2013

Happy 2013!

This year I'm all about out with the old and in with the new.  After a pretty crappy 2012, I'm hoping to play catch up this year and get to where I want to be, both with the house, personally and professionally.  So I have 13 goals for 2013.  I've divided them into different categories.

House Related

1) Finish the first pass on the inside of the house.  I know, this seems like a lot, but we're actually doing pretty well!  We're currently reno-ing the downstairs (I'll update more on that soon) and after that we just have a little trim to do upstairs.  Easy peasy!

2) Go through the house and purge every closet, drawer and cabinet.  We have too much stuff, and I hate clutter.

Health/Fitness

3) Run a sub 30 minute 5k.  I started running a little over a year ago, and since then I've run 4 5ks, 2 10ks and 1 10 miler.  But I am slow.  So I want to work on my pace this year and try and pick it up. 

4) Complete a half marathon.  Another running goal!  I had signed up for a half marathon last November, but due to several different issues I had to scale back and ran the 10k version of the race instead.  This year I want to run the whole 13.1 miles.

5) Get to my goal weight and maintain.  I've actually lost 20 lbs since last year, but I am having a really hard time losing the last 5-10lbs.  I kind of got off track over the holidays so I need to get back into eating healthy and exercising this year.

6) Have a general physical, dental cleaning and eye exam.  I am so bad with keeping up with doctors appointments.  I am overdue with all of these and need to get on that!

Professional

7) Get my LEED AP.  I have already applied to take the exam, and I got accepted, so now I just need to actually study and take it. 

8) Do five speeches for Toastmasters.  Last year I had a goal to do 3 speeches, and I finished by June and then haven't done one since. I only need 5 more speeches to get my Competent Communicator.

9) Take the GRE and apply for grad school.  I would really like to get started on my MBA, because I'd like to graduate by my 30th birthday (in June 2016).

Personal

10) Change my name.  This is super embarrassing, but I still haven't gotten around to changing my name since getting married.  Two years ago.  I will do it this year!

11) Start an IRA and contribute the max.  Matt and I are pretty behind on retirement, so we need to increase our savings.

12) Make 3 changes to decrease my carbon footprint.  I tried turning the water heater down this morning, but after a very cold shower this morning I decided to turn it back up, haha.  We already make an effort to reduce energy usage and waste, but I know there's more we can be doing.

13) Don't buy any clothes in 2013.  This will be the most difficult for sure.  It includes shoes. 

So there you have it!  It looks like I will have a busy (and hopefully productive) new year. 

And hopefully I'll post more, too, but we all know how well that went last year :)

1 comment:

  1. That is a lot of goals. All reasonable! Go for it! My goals are more modest...learn to cook Indian food; save money. I liked your 'don't buy clothes' goal. I am borrowing it. Have a great 2013!! -Beth

    ReplyDelete