8.16.2011

Getting Organized

Have you ever felt like everything was getting out of control?  That's kind of how I've been feeling lately.  I've been super busy at work, and I've had some things going on with my family that have made it difficult to focus on the house. 

But that's going to change.  I've had several projects on the back burner for too long, and I'm going to get them done!  Here are the half finished projects that I (and Matt, too) have been procrastinating on:

1) The bookcase in the kitchen.  Oh my gosh.  It's been partially finished for almost 3 months now!  I still need to close in the bottom, re-paint the interior (I think I'm going to make it white, even though I originally thought grey like the rest of the kitchen) and paint the shelves.  Estimated time: 6 hours

2) The base shelves in the kitchen.  All it needs is another coat of paint and a shelf installed.  Estimated time: 2 hours.

3) Finishing the trim in the living room, kitchen and dining room.  We still need to do the window in the dining room, base in the dining room, 1 wall of base in the living room, and around the bookcase in the kitchen (see item 1, lol).  Estimated time: 5 hours

4) Installing curtains in the dining room.  Once the window trim is up we can install the curtains.  Estimated time: 1.5 hours

5) Installing closet doors in the living room.  Step 1: buy the doors, check!  We still need to trim the bottoms, paint them, and install them.  Estimated time: 4 hours

6) Paint the bathroom trim.  Once I finish this the bathroom will be done!  Estimated time: 1 hour

7) Bind the carpet remnant.  My grandparents recently had new carpet installed, and were nice enough to give us a remnant.  We're going to bind it to make an area rug for the guest room.  Estimated time: honestly I have no idea how long this is going to take... maybe 1/2 a Saturday?

So those are the main things that are bothering me at the moment.  With that in mind, here's a rough schedule for the rest of the week, factoring in other commitments. 

Tuesday 8/16: fill holes in bathroom trim, gym, paint bathroom trim
Wednesday 8/17: softball game, paint kitchen cabinet
Thursday 8/18: cleaning night! (seriously, I love having cleaning night on Thursday, because I don't have to worry about cleaning over the weekend)
Friday 8/19: gym, cut drywall for built-in, install studs in built-in
Saturday 8/20: laundry, yard work, visit mom
Sunday 8/21: install drywall in built-in, spackle/sand, 1st anniversary dinner :)

No comments:

Post a Comment