1.28.2012

Easy Wall Art

I made a post a while ago with inspiration for some blank 8x8 canvases I bought.  I was nervous to commit to a specific design, because what if it didn't come out right?  What if I messed it up?  Well, I finally realized who cares if I mess it up?  If I try and fail I'm still in the same spot I was before I tried, with no art. 

By the way, I don't really consider this to be "art" as in, something that someone would actually buy.  But since we currently don't have a budget for real art, this will have to do.  I decided to paint patterns of blue circles, like this inspiration piece:

found here

 So I got out some acrylics, mixed the paint to a color I liked, and started painting.  It took maybe 1/2 hour for me to do all 4 pieces.  It was fun to do, and I like how they turned out.  We hung them on the stairs.

 


I think it brightens up the stairs.  Have you ever made your own wall art?  Did you like the results?

No comments:

Post a Comment