1.03.2012

Happy New Year!

I was recently awarded The Versatile Blogger by Robin at 3 Acres and 3 Thousand Square Feet.  Thanks Robin!  Her blog is filled with awesome DIY renovations, and I'm enjoying watching her update her house!



So since I got the Versatile Blogger, I'm supposed to make a list of seven random facts about me.  In honor of new years, I'm going to list seven goals for this year:

1. Finish the upper level of our house.  This includes finishing the master half bath, trimming the hallway, office, guest bedroom, finishing the master bedroom, and installing closet doors in all rooms.

2.  Blog more.  This is pretty arbitrary, but I'd like to post more often and consistently this year.  I'll try for 5 posts per month.

3. Work out at least 150 times this year.  I've been going to the gym 3-5 times a week in the past few months, so I just want to keep that up.

4. To pay off the rest of Matt's car.  We should be able to pay it off by July, which will be 2 years early.  Then we can start putting more money towards our family room!

5. To get my LC certification.  I need to get it for work, and I am eligable this summer.  I hope to take the exam next fall.

6.  To do three speeches for Toastmasters.  I joined Toastmasters about a year ago, and have only completed my first speech.  I'd also like to start performing more leadership roles, since most of the times I just go to meetings and sit there.  I would like to have done every leadership role once by the end of the year.

7.  Take control of the yard.  We didn't really do much in the way of gardening or anything last year, except for maintaining what was already there.  This spring I want to start gardening more.  I also want to start planting vegetables and herbs that we can use. 

So now I'm supposed to give out the award to some of my favorite bloggers.  Here are some blogs that I have really been enjoying lately:

Little Old House
This Dusty House
The Blue House on the Corner
Life All Around
The Transforming Townhouse
Adventures in Building Beauty

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lot of great plans for the new year! Can't wait to see what becomes of all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I have been really delinquent in my blog reading... that's what a busy January brings I suppose. Thank you so much for the award! The versatile blogger award is so fun and I love the twist you gave to it. Good luck with all your goals this year!

    ReplyDelete