10.13.2011

Canvas Inspiration

About a month ago, I went to JoAnn's for some fabric, and noticed they were having a sale on canvases.  I grabbed four 12"x12" canvases on a whim (they were only $2 each!).  Now I'm trying to figure out what to do with them.  Here are some inspiration photos I've been looking at:

via Virginia & Charlie
The first idea is to use puffy paint to create a design, and then paint the entire canvas one color.  I kind of like the simplicity of the pure white canvas with a textured design, but I would probably paint it a different color to correspond to colors in whatever room I use it in (probably either the office or our bedroom).

via Ready Made
 This canvas seemed like a pretty easy project.  Basically, you put masking tape or painters tape in random lines over a canvas.  Then you spray paint the canvas, let it dry, and pull off the tape.  I love the blue, which is very similar to the color we chose for our master.  I'm not sure if this would work as well on the smaller canvases as it does on the larger one.

via Mint Love Social Club
This is another easy solution.  Glue large sequins to a canvas.  This might be interesting to do as a vertical series, with the bottom more heavily populated, and the top more sparse.

via Etsy
This would be a little more difficult to make, because it's the only one that actually requires some painting skill.  It's also the one I like the most.  I would probably use different colors, but I love the offset flower pattern.
via Etsy
I love the 3D aspect of the flowers on the canvas.  I also love the dirty turquoise background.  I would just have to think of the perfect book to pull pages from for the flower petals.

So which canvas is your favorite?  I'm leaning towards the painted flower, but I still love all of them. 

1 comment:

  1. I searched for canvas inspiration and ended up here. I just love number one and the last. :) I got a magnetic canvas and i´m looking for something to do...lol. So what did you do? :)

    ReplyDelete