10.16.2011

Flea Market Finds

Yesterday I went to an annual fall festival at a church near my mom's house.  We've been going there every year since I can remember, and I've always loved it.  When I was a kid I liked it for the toys and petting zoo, as a teenager for the used books and now for the housegoods.

I should probably explain this better.  The festival is a fundraiser for the church, where the main appeal is people bringing in donations, and then selling them.  For almost nothing.  They divide the donations into different rooms, a kid's toy room, a book room, and a general flea market room.  They also have food, homemade crafts and an auction for larger/more expensive items. 

People start lining up to get in around 9:30am.  I went with my mom and grandparents, and we got there around 9:50.  After waiting outside for 10 minutes (luckily this year it was gorgeous weather, because last year it was rainy!) they let us in, and we headed straight towards the flea market.  I didn't get any pictures when we first got in, because I was too busy looking at everything, and it was reaaaalllly crowded, but here's what it looked like around 11:00, when people started clearing out.

This was taken after it cleared out!

They have a lot of cool stuff, like the stars at the bottom of the photo.

They also have a huge selection of frames and pictures.

So now on to what I bought.  Like I said, it's kind of crazy in there, so I didn't take photos of anything until I got home.  I saw some really cools pieces, but I tried to limit myself.  Here's what I came home with:

This oval mirror is a little bit beat up, but after I wash it and add some new paint, I think it will really brighten it up.  I got it for $1!

I don't really have any Christmas decor, and these Santas were only $.50 each.

I forgot to take a picture of this bowl before adding my vase fillers, but I bought it for $.25.


I also picked these up on a whim.  They are really cute, and they were $.50 for the pair.
I also picked up a jar of homemade apple butter for $6, and some books for $2.50.  So my total for the day was $11.50.  Not too bad, right?  I'm excited to start updating the mirror and owls. 

3 comments:

  1. Great finds!!! Love the mirror and the owls are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, that place must have been packed. Love your finds, those owls are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finds!!!


    Jenny
    www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete